Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Here in Padua and Abano Terme

Darn! I posted this to the wrong blog. Only if you check the TLSpecial blog would you know that we arrived, some left, others came, to Padua and Abano Terme ... and I have only just discovered the problem. Given the internet costs and time constraints, I thought I had a least kept you up to date on where we were and who was with us. Anyway, I am relocated the blog entry from several days ago now ...

I have finally decided I can't live without paying for the internet which is mercifully just a little bit cheaper here at the conference at 17 euros for 24 hours. Joanne left us, and Jan too. Joanne, we understand, is now safely home and Jan will be in Paris. Mary has now joined us.

Yesterday we were taken for our day-long pre-c0nference event at the University of Padua where, amongst other speakers, and in the room where Galileo lectured, we heard Aidan Chambers and all became fans. Find out more about him by searching online ... or read my summary from the Fall Bookmark because he was at UBC last summer.

David DiGregorio, attending the IASL Conference from Tenafly, NJ, has just posted this to the LM_Net: AIDEN CHAMBERS speaks to IASL at the Palazzo del Bol - in the same hall that Galileo lectured his students in the 1590s! Click here to see it "on demand."

David also filmed Frances interpreting for an interview with an artist whose best friend influenced his work and who is Frances's favourite children's writer. That link will follow, I am sure.

Just wanted to let you know we are alive and well and all pressed to find even a few moments to get caught up on email, blogging, or keeping our affairs in order. I have absolutely got no time to insert photos so this will have to wait. I have to run to find everyone before they discover my absence from the conference venues. Fortunately, my feet will undergo less stress and should shortly be returned to their normal appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment