Friday, August 21, 2009

Too Busy Walking to Blog!


The day of the Colosseum was not our "longest" on record on the pedometer after all. We spent most of the day in the area of this most massive amphitheatre and the Palatino Hill nearby. Our guided tour in the middle of the hot, hot day was probably our first major mistake as it cost us our energy and our sense of humour! Not only that, I have developed feet that more closely resemble zucchinis in late summer than my rather long narrow usuals. Am preparing to search internet for travellers' solutions, although today I muttered lots about never thinking I would look like this!

If yesterday was just a little over 4 km of walking yesterday, in fact, we limped home gratefully -- after catching the right bus but missing our stop -- to find our lovely little air-conditioned flat awaiting. Joanne made us a lovely pasta dinner which was perfect with the $5 bottle of red wine.

My blog post for the evening got lost and I am certain it had everything to do with the day of heat and walking.

Moira

No comments:

Post a Comment